[Frameworks] New York Filmmakers Coop in Los Angeles!

Filmmakers Cooperative filmmakerscoop at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 11:46:19 CDT 2010

Dear Frameworkers,

Please join The New York Film-Makers' Cooperative in our first West
Coast film festival in Los Angeles. Counter Cultures, Counter Cinema
is a film festival showcasing the groundbreaking avant-garde cinema
that emerged from the radical spirit of 1960's America and continues
to thrive today.

 From October 14 - 16, The Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles and
the Pacific Design Center in collaboration with NYC art enthusiast
and supporter Charles S. Cohen will screen seven programs of films in
the SilverScreen Theater at the PDC.

Pioneer filmmakers Jonas Mekas, Ken Jacobs and Carolee Schneemann
will gather together in Los Angeles for their first public reunion in
many years. These artists will be joined by other luminaries as they
screen and discuss the history of the American underground cinema as
well as the vitality of the current movement.

All of the films and videos in our three-day program accentuate the
long-standing alliance between experimental cinema and the counter
culture. The festival as a whole explores sexuality, politics,
communal experiments, and transgressive appropriations in a raucous
celebration of visual invention. The festival is curated by David E.
James and MM Serra.

For more information, refer to our new Facebook Page, link below, for
Counter Cultures, Counter Cinema:

<http://www.facebook.com/counterculturescountercinema>www.facebook.com/counterculturescountercinema

Thanks!

--