[Frameworks] Jordan Belson: Films Sacred and Profane, SF MoMA October 14

C Keefer keefco at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 7 19:19:22 CDT 2010

Center for Visual Music presents a very special program, Jordan Belson: Films Sacred and Profane, next week at San Francisco Museum of Modern Art on Thursday, October 14, 7 pm.

The program will include some new 16mm preservation prints (including Chakra), plus some rare early films (screened on 16mm film) - Caravan (1952) and Seance (1959). We're also screening Cycles (1975), made with Stephen Beck; Allures (1961), Music of the Spheres, Epilogue (2005), and more. I'll be introducing the program.

Ticketing through SF MoMA -
http://www.sfmoma.org/events/1730

For those who are asking, Jordan Belson will not be in attendance.

Thanks to The National Film Preservation Foundation for support for the preservation of some of the films in this program.

CVM's Belson Research Pages:
www.centerforvisualmusic.org/Belson

best regards,
Cindy Keefer
Center for Visual Music
www.centerforvisualmusic.org

PS If you're not on the CVM mailing list but want to join, for news of other upcoming Belson programs and other events in many cities, DVD releases, etc., please email us at list (at) centerforvisualmusic (dot) org