[Frameworks] can anyone suggest a Negative Cutter?

Mark Toscano fiddybop at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 12 14:37:45 CDT 2010

I (and several other 16mm filmmakers down here in LA) have used Chris Weber, who's been doing it for many years.  She and her husband are called Post Production Services and are based in Burbank.  They're at (818) 954 8796.  These are the prices I jotted down when talking to her a few months ago:

16mm =
$6.50/cut plus $4.50 per running minute for black leader
(average = 14 hours of labor per 100 cuts)

I don't know if the prices vary under particular circumstances, but this is what we're paying for a job she's currently doing for an archival project.

all the best,

Mark Toscano