[Frameworks] UbuWeb...HACKED!

David Tetzlaff djtet53 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 03:35:03 CDT 2010

On Oct 15, 2010, at 3:19 AM, Flick Harrison wrote:

> to deny the artist the choice of distribution methods, using the
> same arguments one makes against Disney's right of intellectual
> "ownership" of our cultural icons, is spurious at best and
> intellectually dishonest at worst.

Chill out, dude! Nobody's denying an artist's choice. (None of us has
that power.) We might be advancing arguments about which sort of
choices an artist ought to make, but that's not denial or permission
or anything. I think you may have missed the point about the reference
to Disney, which I did not take as any kind of moral / cultural
equating of Disney and Canyon.

That said, the strange noise your computer made yesterday was Jack
Smith cackling from the grave when James Cole shifted a discussion
about Ubu's effect on artists to Ubu's effect on distributors.