[Frameworks] Home Movie Day at PFA

pamela jean vadakan pamelajean at berkeley.edu
Fri Oct 15 14:52:07 CDT 2010

  Join us!
October 16th - tomorrow - 11am to 1pm: share your home movies on reg
8mm, super 8mm and 16mm
Screening begins at 1pm with a curated program of travel films from Fire
Island to Stinson Beach then the screening's open for whatever walked in
that day. It's always a fun time, full of surprises.

This year’s Home Movie Day provides an opportunity to journey by
tricycle, train, and trolley through space and time without leaving the
comfort of your seat. We’ll travel from the 1920s to the 1970s, and from
valleys to vistas, from the Marin Headlands to the Colorado Rockies to
the Empire State Building. We’ll lounge with Lon Chaney and friends at
Soboba Hot Springs; play tennis with Edith Kramer's brother Bobby at
Camp Winadu; watch the sunset over cobblestone streets with the Rush
Family in Taxco, Mexico; and, close to home, fly a kite on Stinson Beach
with James Broughton. Sit back, relax, and feel the breeze in your hair
as we screen backyard explorations, family vacations, and travelogues
culled from audience member submissions and the PFA Collection. Bon voyage!

Pacific Film Archive
2575 Bancroft Way
Between College and Telegraph
http://bampfa.berkeley.edu/homemovieday

There are Home Movie Day celebrations happening all over the world. Find
the closest one to you:
http://www.homemovieday.com/locations.html

my best,
Pamela