[Frameworks] Images call for Guest Curators (film/video)

Scott Miller Berry scott at imagesfestival.com
Fri Oct 22 17:58:39 CDT 2010

2011 CALL FOR GUEST CURATORS
(version française dans notre site web)

The Images Festival has an ongoing open policy of reviewing curatorial proposals from the public and this year we invite curators to submit exhibition proposals for our 24th edition, 31 March to 9 April, 2011. Images is the largest festival in North America for independent media, showcasing international excellence and innovation both on and off the screen. From Super-8 and hand- tinted celluloid to DV, performance and interactive work, we go out of our way and over the edge to provide Toronto with an annual extravaganza of image making. For 23 years, the Images Festival has exhibited and encouraged the work of artists producing film, video and media art outside of mainstream commercial production and distribution systems and aesthetic conventions. Images is committed to an expanded concept of film and video practice: alongside its film and video screenings, the festival embraces a wide variety of practices, including live performances, installations and new media and we invite and encourage curatorial proposals in all of these categories. In addition to the international competition programs drawn from submissions to the festival, Images includes artists’ retrospectives, national and regional cinema spotlights, and special curated programs.

If selected, the program will cover artists’ fees and a modest curatorial honorarium. You will collaborate with our Artistic Director and programming staff to finalize the program as well as on a promotional strategy to maximize awareness of the program within the context of our 24th festival. This is an open call with a deadline of November 12, 2010.

Forward your curatorial proposal with your CV/resumé and a cover letter to us:

The Images Festival Attn: Curatorial Proposal
401 Richmond Street West, Suite 448 Toronto, Ontario M5V 3A8 CANADA

If you have any questions, send them our way: Pablo de Ocampo, Artistic Director

submissions at imagesfestival.com *(PDF or RTF attachments only, with
“Curatorial Proposal” in subject line, thank you.

--
Scott Miller Berry, Executive Director
THE IMAGES FESTIVAL

24th Edition!  >>>> 31 March to 09 April 2011 >>>>

“Gorgeous, startling and sometimes baffling...Toronto's annual festival of experimental media art & cross disciplinary live events remains so stimulating after 20+ years of existence." -- Jason Anderson, EYE WEEKLY