[Frameworks] *¨°¨* Directors Lounge - Ladybugs do not Dream - Z-Bar - Th. 28 Oct. *¨°¨*

Klaus W. Eisenlohr klaus at richfilm.de
Tue Oct 26 06:25:03 CDT 2010

Directors Lounge Screening

Ladybugs do not Dream
Maru Ituarte and Ute Ströer

Thursday, 28 October 2010
21:00
Z-Bar
Bergstr. 2
D-10115 Berlin-Mitte
U-Rosenthaler Platz

Ladybugs do not Dream
- Marienkäfer träumen nicht -

Two female filmmakers present their work at
Z-Bar, the upcoming Directors Lounge screening.
Both show a clear female point-of-view onto their
subject without calling themselves feminists.
Maru Ituarte, born in Monterrey, Mexico, has
recorded and collected images of her surrounding
with a critical view onto the violent,
destructive and male-oriented aspects of a
society that separates the male and female
spheres at large. A found box of Hi-8 tapes,
meant to be recorded over, became the source for
a work called “Mexican Goulash", which has a
stunning similarity to a compilations of those
self-obsessed clips to be found on Youtube in our
days. It becomes the portrait of a certain part
of the middle class.

Ute Ströer's interest in film is based on her
love for fairy tales and horror movies. The
filmmaker meticulously works on the look of her
images, strives for perfection in color and
composition, and with her film characters she
tries to achieve the largest band-with of
expression and possible interpretation. The
narrator we might have believed to hear exists
only in the viewer's head, the story we read only
exists in fragments of symbols, a
"Glasperlenspiel" of meanings.

Thus, as much as the aesthetic of the two artists
may differ, they have much in common. Both
invite, even seduce the viewer to follow onto a
subjective journey of female perspective, when
half-way on seemingly secure roads the viewer
realizes, it's their own imagination that has
been triggered, their own story they have lived
through, and actually, there is no such simple
interpretation.

The artists will be present and available for Q&A.
(Curated by Klaus W. Eisenlohr)

video program
curated by Klaus W. Eisenlohr

Press Link:
http://www.richfilm.de/filmUpload/1-framesItuarteStroer.html
http://directorslounge.net

Artists Links:
http://maru-ituarte.com/
http://www.utestroer.de/

Programm:
* Daumenlutscherin, Ute Ströer, 12:17
* Schlafende Füchsin, Ute Ströer , 15:07
* La Metafisica Del Yoyo, Maru Ituarte, 2:30
* Reproduktion, Maru Ituarte, 9:13
* Hotel Rex, Maru Ituarte, 3:06
* Mexican Goulash, Maru Ituarte, 9:55
* Noa Noa Narko Tour, Maru Ituarte, 5:01
* Fleisch	Maru Ituarte, 6:30
* Freak Show, Maru Ituarte, 10:23
* Matrijoschka, Ute Ströer, 7:33

--

Klaus W. Eisenlohr, Osnabrücker Str. 25, D-10589 Berlin, Germany

email:			klaus at richfilm.de
and film production:		http://www.richfilm.de

phone:			int.- 49 - 30 - 3409 5343 (BERLIN)