[Frameworks] Avantgarde / "auteur" television - ?

Matt Helme dcinema2134 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 15 18:18:50 CDT 2010

http://www.experimentaltvcenter.org/ . I would contact them.
Matt

________________________________
From: Stuart Heaney <heaneystuart at yahoo.co.uk>
To: Experimental Film Discussion List <frameworks at jonasmekasfilms.com>
Sent: Sun, August 15, 2010 6:03:37 PM
Subject: Re: [Frameworks] Avantgarde / "auteur" television - ?

If you're interested in British experimental works for TV (and nobody else has
mentioned this already...), you should check out Videospace, made by John
"Hoppy" Hopkins in 1970 with the assistance of the BBC.

Hoppy is better known as a counterculture organiser of the 60s, but was also
photographer and early taker up of the creative possibilities of video.
Videospace was apparently inspired by experiments that had been going on at KQED
TV station in San Francisco. The beeb let a bunch of freaks take control of the
studio and control room to see what would happen...

It was screened in a retrospective at the Lux in London in 2005. They might have
access to a Beta SP intermediate (The original recording is on 2" Quad, I
think). Otherwise Hoppy can be contacted via his studio Fantasy Factory.

Good luck with it.
Stuart