[Frameworks] projector question

Christopher Harris charris91 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 18 06:31:03 CDT 2010

Thanks Alain,  I think you pretty much diagnosed the problem.
CH

Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 21:39:16 -0700
From: info at 40frames.org
To: frameworks at jonasmekasfilms.com
Subject: Re: [Frameworks] projector question

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 8:54 PM, Christopher Harris <charris91 at hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello all,I very recently bought an Elmo 16 CL DELUXE projector with a 38mm lens and I noticed that compared to the Eiki owned by the university where I teach the throw is much wider than the Eiki with the ISCO 35-65 16MM zoom lens.  Both projectors have 200W bulbs so I suppose that the difference in brightness comes down to the difference between the same lamp focused to a spotlight versus flooded.  Even with the Elmo switched to "high" brightness its much dimmer than the Eiki.
Any opinions?  On or off list is fine by me.

The ISCO 35-65 is f1.3 while the Elmo 38mm (I believe) is f1.5. If the image is wider on the Elmo and with the slight difference in speed, you'll see a difference in brightness.

Alain

FrameWorks at jonasmekasfilms.com

40 FRAMES
Alain LeTourneau