[Frameworks] film to digi exhibition - its already happening

Tim Halloran televisual at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 9 11:46:45 CST 2010

I would be very interested in reading this--please do make it available when ready. Thanks.

Tim

From: amanda at amandadawnchristie.ca
To: frameworks at jonasmekasfilms.com
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 10:15:18 -0400
Subject: Re: [Frameworks] film to digi exhibition - its already happening

I like modern technology, but I think that what would be interesting would
be to revisit film roll technique from a modern persepective, seeing
projectors as rooted in an age before digital steppers, software and
modern lamps.

i recently wrote about this in a cinemanifesto that is about to be published in january.  i'll pass the text along after it's been published.
it's a playful and extremist text about preserving mechanical projection in a return to spectacle.