[Frameworks] DSLR telecine on a JK printer

John Woods jawoods01 at yahoo.ca
Sat Dec 11 00:16:37 CST 2010

I'd love to see photos of what you guys have rigged.

As far as the bulb goes wouldn't it make more sense to replace the JK light with
an LED source? Where you using the original JK bulb? A 10 hour life seems to
short for any sort of serious optical printing (of course at Cineworks with
fingers crossed we're still using an ancient, yellowing bulb in our Oxberry
printer).

As far as the post flow goes, do you import the images as a Tiff sequence and
then export it (after cropping) as ProRes or another format? Or is FCP able to
handle it without a conversion?

John Woods