[Frameworks] Maurer optical sound recorder

Alex Lake stagnantpond at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 14:57:48 CST 2010

Hello all--

I found a Maurer optical sound recorder on Craigslist.  I went and
looked at it today and it seems to power on, motors spin.  The lamp is
dead.  I didn't take it today because it was heavier than I thought it
would be and didn't want to take it on the train.

Does anyone know anything about these?  If it doesn't work, does
anyone know how repairable they are?

I have until Tuesday to decide if I want to take it or not.  Making my
own optical tracks would cut down my film costs, but I don't want to
take this thing home if it's just going to be an incredibly heavy
paperweight.

Best,
Alex