[Frameworks] Maurer optical sound recorder

Bill Seery bill at mercermedia.com
Sun Dec 12 12:50:22 CST 2010

Those are spare optical camera heads from Trackwise and are basically
parts units. They were left behind because we had no more room on the
truck or space to store them. There are no electronics so they are
extremely massive paperweights. It took 2 people to lift one of them
so the vision of you taking one on the subway is both scary and funny.

You could conceivably rig something with your own amps, filters, etc.
but you'd have to have some serious engineering skills to so it. You
will spend more in maintenance,  cross mod tests and blown prints
than you will save in the long run.

Making optical track is a thankless job. I work in film sound
professionally and was wisely dissuaded from providing that service
by a good friend.

Best

Bill Seery
bill at mercermedia.com