[Frameworks] Support the Film Makers' Coop

Film-Makers' Cooperative filmmakerscoop at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 10:41:07 CST 2010

Dear Friends of The Film-Makers’ Cooperative,

The New American Cinema Group, Inc. / The Film-Makers’ Cooperative
(FMC) will be celebrating its golden anniversary in 2011/12.  Established in
1961, FMC it is the largest artist-run, all-inclusive media arts network in the
United States.  We are now situated in our amazing new space at 475 Park Avenue
South that houses over 5,000 films, a study center that includes paper
archives, and a screening room.

The films we distribute are screened in festivals and universities, worldwide.
The FMC curates screenings and collaborates with local arts organizations for
public events in cinemas and galleries around the country. Our events bring
together the film community to celebrate the richness of the FMC’s collection
with programs ranging from showcases of FMC classics to shows compiled by new
curators highlighting recent additions to the collection.

In October, the FMC organized its first film festival in Los
Angeles, Counter Culture, Counter Cinema in collaboration with the Museum of
Contemporary Art and its new director Jeffrey Deitch, and produced by Charles
S. Cohen. It took place at the Pacific Design Center and included three days of
screenings and panel discussions with Carolee Schneemann, Jonas Mekas and Ken
Jacobs. This fall we also hosted screenings at Exit Art Gallery as part of
their seminal exhibit, Alternative Histories, followed by a conversation with
the artists. The FMC has an ongoing relationship with UnionDocs in Brooklyn for
screenings of documentary films. Our sold-out benefit screening in December at
Millennium Film Workshop was curated by our newest board members George Smith
and Amy Lowles and featured new works added to the collection in 2010.

Looking forward to 2011, the FMC will be celebrating its 50th
anniversary with screenings and special events that pay tribute to our past and
help us blaze a path into the future. We will be overhauling our web site,
expanding our distribution system.

Please help us herald in this most auspicious year of our existence by
contributing to the Film-Makers’ Cooperative, today. Any size contribution that
feels significant to you will make a difference to us.  Please click http://www.justgive.org/nonprofits/donate.jsp?ein=13-2578968 to
make a secure donation online. FMC is a 501(c) 3 not-for-profit organization
and your contribution is tax-deductible.

>From all of us at the Film-Makers’ Cooperative we thank you for your support
and wish you a Happy New Year!

Sincerely,

MM Serra, Executive Director

Board of The Film-Makers’ Cooperative

If you prefer to send a check, please forward it to the New American Cinema
Group, 475 Park Avenue South, Sixth Floor,  New York, NY 10016.