[Frameworks] Car Crashes in Experimental Film

vassily bourikas vassilybourikas at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 23 09:43:10 CST 2010

Hi Amanda,
Obsession (1981-1985) by Melbourne filmmaker John Cumming is a 24' experimental
short that fits your request.
It uses automobile fixation as pretext and from the middle onwards the film
builds up to the final scene which is a car -crash.
In its time the film was screened at Oberhausen and I think also Clermont
Ferrand.
It's part of Cumming's trilogy "Obsession, Recognition, Sabotage". If you wrote
to him I believe he would help you out with a copy. Let me know (off list)  if
you need his contact details.
All best,
VB

Vassily Bourikas
THESSALONIKI INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL, 3-12 December 2010
9 Alexandras Avenue.
TK 11473, Athens, Greece.
-
t: +30 210 8706000 ext.330