[Frameworks] persistence (was: The code of)

malgosia askanas ma at panix.com
Tue Jul 6 11:56:02 CDT 2010

I don't understand how the question of the mechanism whereby we have the illusion of motion when watching film segues into the question of "passive" vs "active" viewing.  For example, "La Jetee" doesn't require any engagement of the mechanism for the illusion of motion.  Does this mean that when we view it, we are condemned to passive spectatorship?

-m