[Frameworks] experimental documentary

Matt Helme dcinema2134 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 17 12:13:23 CDT 2010

The Works of Barbara Hammer.
Matt

________________________________
From: Christopher Harris <charris91 at hotmail.com>
To: frameworks at jonasmekasfilms.com
Sent: Sat, July 17, 2010 10:52:50 AM
Subject: [Frameworks] experimental documentary

 Hello all,

I am looking for recommendations for a class I am going to teach this fall.
 Specifically, I would like to know about books or texts of any kind on the
general subject of experimental documentary.  I would also like recommendations
for specific films/videos and/or makers to consider.

I am aware of the recent issue of JumpCut and issues of Millennium Film Journal
on this topic but I welcome any other suggestions.

A brief list of just a few makers I have been thinking about include Ernie Gehr,
Su Friedrich, Bill Brown, Sharon Lockhart, Chi Jang Yin, Deborah Stratman, David
Ellsworth, Kevin Everson, Harun Farocki, and Lynn Sachs.

Thanks in advance.

CH
Hotmail. Get busy.