[Frameworks] Letter to other Filmmaker Artists

Sam Wells silverfilm at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 13:03:36 CDT 2010

>  When a
> filmmaker talks about loving to physically handle film, I wonder even
> more.

Above all what I don't want to give up in the 'handling' department is not
the material but the ground glass reflex image in the camera......  I do not
like Electronic finders, I want to see what, who I am photographing....  I
'know' the medium itself (film, digital RAW) but AS I'm shooting I am
"needing to know" what I am encountering.

(I could comment on a whole lot of likes / dislikes vis the medium(s !!!)
but

Fred, I could not agree more

>  possibilities different
> from celluloid, and the only way to discover them is by working with it.

And "everything remains to be done" per JLG

-Sam