[Frameworks] Question on: Panasonic DVX 100BE 16:9 format

Stefanos Pavlakis strovil at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 25 08:04:08 CDT 2010

Hello Frameworkers,

I am starting a project tomorrow and just found out that it will be with a Panasonic DVX 100BE camcorder.
I would like to shoot in 16:9, but in the manual there are two options: 'letter box' seems to simply put black bars on top and bottom of a 4:3 image (is this so?)
And squeeze...Is that the best 16:9 choice without loss of resolution?
And how would I import it in and later export it from Final Cut?
Import normally as a PAL 16:9 format (I am working in Europe)?
And export as quick time conversion H263 for 16:9?

Is that correct?
Can anybody suggest the correct choices to be made, if the one's above aren't ideal?

Best wishes to all and many thanks to those with answers!!!

Stefanos