[Frameworks] Question on: Panasonic DVX 100BE 16:9 format

Steven Gladstone steven at gladstonefilms.com
Sun Jul 25 13:37:53 CDT 2010

This may not help, but on the original (which I have and somehow still
get calls for) There is no anamorphic. For 16x9 I lined up a framing
chart, and masked off the LCD finder with Scotch tape. This way in post
  I can do a little reframing. NOT necessarily the best, as you are not
using the whole sensor, but effective.

WARNING - The LCD panel on  the DVX does  NOT match the framing from
eyepiece or the video out. Get familiar with the difference. This is
quite common on Prosumer gear, and most of these types of cameras have
this issue. It is rather maddening that you can't see your actual frame,
while operating.

--
Steven Gladstone
New York Based Cinematographer