[Frameworks] Call for Entries - 49th Ann Arbor Film Festival

donald harrison whoisdonald at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 15:10:41 CDT 2010

Greetings Frameworkers-

The Ann Arbor Film Festival is now accepting submissions for its 49th
edition. We're encouraging filmmakers to make our early deadline - a
few weeks away - Aug 16th. For filmmakers who have participated in
past editions of the festival, the entry fee has been reduced by half
(see entry information below).

In 2010, the 48th Ann Arbor Film Festival screened over 100 films in
competition, the majority experimental (last year's program is online
here). Jurors for the 48th festival were Irina Leimbacher, Tomonari
Nishikawa and Ben Russell. The festival annually awards over $18,000
to filmmakers in cash and film stock/processing. Last year’s award
winners are listed here.

We look forward to seeing your latest projects.

-Donald

_______________

Donald Harrison

Executive Director

Ann Arbor Film Festival
office:  734.995.5356
donald at aafilmfest.org

Call for Entries  >>  49th Ann Arbor Film Festival

All lengths and genres accepted and considered:
experimental, animation, documentary, music video, narrative
and combinations in between.

+ More than $18,000 awarded to films in competition
+ Qualifying festival for Academy Awards in short film category
+ Great audiences with filmmaker Q&A in Michigan Theater, a 1920s
movie palace

+ Select films invited to participate on Traveling Tour

Early Deadline --- August 16, 2010         $30 Shorts / $40 Features
(Must arrive in office by August 23, 2010)
Standard Deadline --- October 4, 2010  $40 Shorts / $50 Features
(Must arrive in office by October 11, 2010)
Late Deadline --- November 4, 2010      $50 Shorts / $60 Features
(Must arrive in office by November 11, 2010)

For filmmakers whose work has screened at past editions of the AAFF,
entry fee is half that listed above - please fill out the PDF (not
Withoutabox) and write in discount code: ALUMNI49

Visit our website www.aafilmfest.org and download the PDF application
or go the online route through withoutabox.

The 49th Ann Arbor Film Festival
  takes place March 22 - 27, 2011