[Frameworks] Call for Entries - 49th Ann Arbor Film Festival

Bernard Roddy roddybp at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 29 19:04:50 CDT 2010

I love Anja.

________________________________
From: anja ross <anjach.ross at googlemail.com>
To: Experimental Film Discussion List <frameworks at jonasmekasfilms.com>
Sent: Thu, July 29, 2010 7:33:23 AM
Subject: Re: [Frameworks] Call for Entries - 49th Ann Arbor Film Festival

Dear Donald,
With fee????
Or do you know an adress in Berlin who has connection to the Ann Arbor Festival
that means if I am a member there I can apply without fee for your festival?
Have you this option?
A. C. ROSS

2010/7/28 donald harrison <whoisdonald at gmail.com>

Greetings Frameworkers-

>The Ann Arbor Film Festival is now accepting submissions for its 49th edition.
>We're encouraging filmmakers to make our early deadline - a few weeks away - Aug
>16th. For filmmakers who have participated in past editions of the festival, the
>entry fee has been reduced by half (see entry information below).
>

>In 2010, the 48th Ann Arbor Film Festival screened over 100 films in
>competition, the majority experimental (last year's program is online here).
>Jurors for the 48th festival were Irina Leimbacher, Tomonari Nishikawa and Ben
>Russell. The festival annually awards over $18,000 to filmmakers in cash and
>film stock/processing. Last year’s award winners are listed here.
>

>We look forward to seeing your latest projects.
>

>-Donald

>_______________

Donald Harrison

>Executive Director

>Ann Arbor Film Festival
>office:  734.995.5356
>donald at aafilmfest.org

Call for Entries  >>  49th Ann Arbor Film Festival

All lengths and genres accepted and considered:
experimental, animation, documentary, music video, narrative
>and combinations in between.

+ More than $18,000 awarded to films in competition
>+ Qualifying festival for Academy Awards in short film category
>+ Great audiences with filmmaker Q&A in Michigan Theater, a 1920s movie palace

>+ Select films invited to participate on Traveling Tour

>Early Deadline --- August 16, 2010         $30 Shorts / $40 Features  (Must
>arrive in office by August 23, 2010)
>Standard Deadline --- October 4, 2010  $40 Shorts / $50 Features   (Must arrive
>in office by October 11, 2010)
>Late Deadline --- November 4, 2010      $50 Shorts / $60 Features   (Must arrive
>in office by November 11, 2010)
>
>For filmmakers whose work has screened at past editions of the AAFF, entry fee
>is half that listed above - please fill out the PDF (not Withoutabox) and write
>in discount code: ALUMNI49

Visit our website www.aafilmfest.org and download the PDF application or go the
online route through withoutabox.

>The 49th Ann Arbor Film Festival