[Frameworks] FLEX show at UnionDocs in NYC this Sunday

Roger Beebe rogerbb at ufl.edu
Fri Jun 4 16:00:19 CDT 2010

All,

Apologies (as always) for missing the Flicker listings, but I wanted to alert NYC area folks that FLEX will be presenting a show at UnionDocs (322 Union Ave.) in Brooklyn on Sunday (June 6) at 7:30 p.m.  The show is a slightly revamped version of a program from our last competitive festival, organized around themes of inner and outer space.  I'm attaching the full show announcement below.

Best,
Roger Beebe
FLEX Artistic Director

__________

FLEX: The Florida Experimental Film/Video Festival presents A Few of Our Favorite Things, a selection of some of our favorite entries from past festivals. The selection of these particular works was inspired by the theme of one of the festival’s most popular programs from the 2009 competitive festival--Spacey Space.

While representing the broad scope of work submitted each year to the festival, the individual works contained in this program all share a common interest in exploring the notion of space--both inner and outer.  Some of these works encourage us to reach into the void in order to recover that which feels lost--be it forgotten people, memories, ideas, or other pieces of the universe. Other works ask us to consider what continues to surround us--electrons, devices of control/isolation, and even ghosts. By exploring the expanses of inner and outer space-- the phantom zones existing beside us and within us--these pieces demand of us a closer inspection of the unseen, the in between, and the forgotten.

This show was curated by FLEX Managing Director Alisson Bittiker who will be on hand to introduce the show.  Post-show discussion will include Bittiker along with filmmaker Andres Arocha, Michael Connor (Marian Spore/Radiovisual), and Rachael Rakes (doctruck).

FILMS/VIDEOS to be screened:

Energie!
Thorsten Fleisch
2007, 05:07, Germany, miniDV