[Frameworks] John Writer

Regina Longo regmlongo at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 5 02:04:58 CDT 2010

I know John well. We were colleagues back in the 1990s in the bay area. He did indeed stop making films for ten years switching to large format paintings that incorporated the braile alphabet and that were phenomenal. In the past few years he has begun to work in video and has mounted a few shows of paintings and short videos in oakland and in la. For Mark and Jacob:  I can contact John to see if he would be willing to get in touch. As I told Jacob off list he tends to keep quite a low profile.
Regina Longo
Dept of Film and Media Studies
UC Santa Barbara