[Frameworks] Cut and Run - an experimental tour and call for submissions

mallary abel mallaryabel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 18:12:51 CDT 2010

Announcing Cut and Run’s 2010 Experimental East Coast and Southern USA Tour
– Call for Submissions – Call for Venue Proposals. Tour starts October.

Started in early 2009 at San Francisco’s Artists' Television Access and
turned into a  multi-city West Coast tour. Cut and Run’s aim is to explore
the range of experimental and avant-garde works, from the past to the
present. C + R celebrates works that deviate from mainstream and traditional
narrative film, and opt towards authentic, brave, challenging, stylized,
alternative and imagined subjects. The call for submissions has no direct
set theme. "The program themes develope around the sense we make of the
selected works, as well as individual sought-out films that provoked and
inspired us."

**There are no call for entry fees or applications. Please send us your 40
min. or less piece, on DVD or miniDV tape by mail.** Contact Mallary at
mallaryabel at gmail.com to obtain address info.

**C + R is also accepting venue proposals for exhibitions for our East
Coast/Southern U.S. Tour, now specifically for those in Atlanta, Georgia and
New Orleans, Louisiana, and surrounding areas. If you have a space or
microcinema, experimental-friendly to potentially host C + R, contact us.
Likewise, we are always booking new shows on the West Coast and are open to
new ideas.

C + R featured artists:
Jay Rosenblatt, Robert Nelson, Karl Lind, Christine Noll Brinckmann, Warren
Haack, Paula Levine, Gretchen Hogue, Joshua Solondz, Dustin Zemel, Alison
Kobayashi, Ray Rea, and more.

Past C + R screenings took place at:
Artists' Television Access in San Francisco, The Waypost in Portland,
Oregon, NWFF in Seattle, The Basment in Nevada City, CA, Beatnik Studios in
Sacramento, Jensen Mainstage in Santa Barbara, Echo Park Film Center in LA,
Ditch Projects in Springfield, Oregon, UnionDocs in Brooklyn, NY. Cut and
Run also pioneered a guerilla screening on San Francisco’s MUNI rail system
in 2009.

All information available on our website<http://cutandruntour.wordpress.com/>
.

Thanks for reading!