[Frameworks] Opera

zach zachlayton at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 13:06:45 CST 2010

Peter Greenaway's work comes to mind....M is for Man Music and Mozart
with the composer Louis Andriessen, or Rosa - a horse drama ....or
even Prospero's Books in some ways.  Hal Hartley's worked with
Andriessen as well.  I believe there might be a little something in
Greenaway's film on John Cage about Cage's "Europeras" but I haven't
seen that one in a long time so I might be mistaken.   Regardless, if
you can find footage of Cage's Europeras that would be very
interesting.     Actually, the Dutch filmmaker Frank Scheffer's
"Stoperas 1/2" was created with John Cage...that might be worth
checking out.

best,

-Zach