[Frameworks] opera

Brett Kashmere brettkashmere at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 19 14:03:50 CST 2010

Alexander Kluge's work comes to mind.  For instance, "The Power of Emotion" (1983):
http://www.filmref.com/notes/archives/2008/03/the_power_of_emotion_1983.html

Brett Kashmere
Pittsburgh

[Frameworks] opera
        	Friday, November 19, 2010 5:03 AM

            From:"margaret jamieson" <mvjamieson at gmail.com>

        	To:frameworks at jonasmekasfilms.com
Dear Frameworks:

I'm
wondering what you might turn up on the idea of opera; the group I'm
doing a program for is basing a two day screening and discussion
around it; with Mark Dornfor-May's U-Carmen as a feature within it.
They are very happy to consider the topic broadly, so I'd love to
include some experimental work. I've thought of things from Potter's
Thriller to K. Resetartis' Aegypten. I'm interested in hearing about
pieces which are not just opera in subject but in form or feel.

thanks so much--Meg