[Frameworks] School on Wheels

Matt Helme dcinema2134 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 11 12:29:23 CDT 2011

This came to me from the Doculink group i belong to.
Matt

Hi there,
I am developing a documentary video production workshop for homeless
teens through an organization called School On Wheels. SOW is a well
established non-profit that provides free tutoring for homeless kids
all over LA county - I work at the Learning Center on Skid Row. The
first workshop will be small - 4-5 kids. I'd like to start in May. If
you have any of the below items that you could donate please contact
me off list.

Mini DV (standard or HD) cameras with firewire port
Mac laptops with IMovie installed
digital still cameras

The workshop will cover very basic concepts of documentary writing,
production and editing. The kids will work together create 5-7 minute
documentaries that are relevant to their lives. The final product will
be used for outreach for School On Wheels, and/or an ongoing web
series. Below is a link to the School On Wheels website.

Thank you -

Jennifer Wolfe

http://www.schoolonwheels.org/

 http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=oscarthepug1234&aq=f