[Frameworks] E-6 Chemistry / Hand-processing Ektachrome

Josh Weissbach joshweissbach at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 16:47:57 CDT 2011

E-6 Chemistry / Hand-processing Ektachrome

This past November Kodak discontinued their 5 Liter E-6 Chemistry kits,
which has made it difficult for anyone who is hand-processing Ektachrome
film.  I am in the middle of a 16mm project that uses this chemistry.
Post-5L Kit discontinuation, I have had to purchase this chemistry in mass
quantity, it comes to you in bottles that make 10 Liters of chemistry and is
labeled as chemistry replenisher.  Now the issue is that they also sell
"starter" for first developer, color developer, and bleach - is starter
something I need to use to make 1 Liter batches?  My confusion is that the 5
Liter kit mentions nothing about replenisher or starter, does this mean that
it was pre-mixed or that it was not necessary?  Basically, what I am looking
for is how to mix my E-6 chemistry to make 1 Liter batches - has anyone
encountered these issues since the discontinuation of the 5-liter kit?
Thanks.

Josh Weissbach