[Frameworks] Film's rupture

Ken Bawcom kjbawc at umich.edu
Tue Apr 19 01:17:37 CDT 2011

There is at least one Tex Avery cartoon where we see the film burn in
the gate. I don't recall the title, or even if it was for WB or MGM.
He did at least one where the character runs off the edge of the film,
and we see the sprocket holes. I think that one was with MGM.He also
did the hair in the gate thing, and had at least one where a "member
of the audience" stood up, casting a shadow on the film. Sorry, I'm
too lazy to poke around The Big Cartoon Database (www.BCDb.com) and
try to come up with titles.

Ken B.