[Frameworks] optical printing questions - working in B&W

andrew lennox lew_ro at yahoo.ca
Tue Apr 26 12:51:09 CDT 2011

you can buy 100' loads of 7234 from LIFT.  i also agree about the 7222
recommendation for the interneg if your goal is to increase grain specifically
and contrast as well.  i also agree that you really want to try achieving your
desired contrast in the final print.  i'd think you should go s8 to 7366 on the
printer, then make an interneg from that and then your final prints from that
interneg.  another way might be s8 to 3374 to 7234 (or 7222 if you want more
grain/contrast) to final print.  there are a number of other ways to do it as
well (deco gave you a list of stocks to try).  i'm just throwing out a couple of
examples that i think might reflect what you're looking for.  you have to do
tests to see what you want.