[Frameworks] Introducting a new ultra-wide film format called UltraPan8.

Nicholas Kovats nkovats at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 00:10:50 CDT 2011

Hi Ben,

I appreciate your kind words of support. I have been busy fielding
global inquires and I am happy to report that a 2nd UltraPan camera
conversion has been ordered by a gentleman in the US.

Jean-louis and I are also awaiting delivery of a 1936 Bolex worm-gear
multiformat 8/16 projector which may or may not be suitable for film
based UltraPan8 projection. It has interchangable external 8mm and
16mm movements and a very interesting 8mm/16mm gate selector switch.
Specifically can the 8mm gate be utilized with the external 16mm
movements?

I am willing to invest in a sample of UK based Edward Nowill's
re-perforation services, i.e. 2R or double perf 16mm negative stock
re-perforated to standard double perf 8mm film stock. I am also going
to contact 3x local Kodak contacts and advise that we have once again
found a delightful and ultrawide utilization of their film stock. :)
Perhaps..just perhaps Kodak might be willing to produce a sample
1000/6000ft 2R  8mm roll of something like Vision3 50d or 200T
negative.

Regards,

Nicholas