[Frameworks] Prism Shutter & DIY 35mm

Michael Higgins insearchofweather at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 04:58:24 CDT 2011

Hi,
I recently picked up a 35mm hand-crank 'prism shutter (8sided) and I'm
hoping to construct a simple 35mm camera. I'm not looking for complete
perfection just some nice effects.

The shutter
http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180702168485&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I've recently looked into the 'prism shutter' and have discovered its use
mainly in high speed cameras.
http://www.photosonics.com/35mm_4bc_psi.htm

I'm wondering if anyone could possibly elaborate on the technicalities
involved in the workings of such technology along with any additional parts
that maybe required. It's very difficult to find any such info.

Or has anyone ever built their own 35mm camera?

Regards,
Michael

--
http://www.mgmh.com