[Frameworks] subtitle projecting

Flick Harrison flick at flickharrison.com
Tue Aug 2 10:10:49 CDT 2011

VLC will project .srt files if they are in the same folder as the film file.

If you're doing dual-system (film with digital subtitles) you could always have a blank (all black) movie file of the right length, named e.g. "movie.mov" and a file "movie.srt" in the same folder, and project that.

Maybe there are dedicated solutions, and I wonder about the overlapping projections - i.e. will you project digitally on top of a film projection?  That'd have to be mighty bright titles, and some very dark blacks, to avoid washing out the film or being illegible...

Now I'm wildly speculating - so could you explain your situation more clearly?

--
* WHERE'S MY ARTICLE, WORLD?
http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Flick_Harrison

* FLICK's WEBSITE & BLOG: http://www.flickharrison.com