[Frameworks] Loops Splicers

C Keefer keefco at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 8 15:08:22 CDT 2011

Sonic splices, or ultra-sonic splices, for polyester-based films. Our labs do this, it's a different technique than hot splicing, and doesn't involve a frame of black or anything extra. They are tiny, sort of like a hot splice, but clear. Also for our program showreels which need to be seamless, we don't have to bloop at a sonic splice, as you usually need to with a tape splice. Here's an example of a splicer:

http://www.hollywoodfilmco.com/Splicer.htm

Cindy Keefer
Center for Visual Music
www.centerforvisualmusic.org