[Frameworks] Quo Vadis Celluloid?

Fred Camper f at fredcamper.com
Fri Aug 19 16:02:20 CDT 2011

I doubt Microsoft or Google would be interested in buying Kodak. They
tend to buy new technology companies.

I have a question, though, for those horrified by the possible (but,
in my view and hope, not impending) demise of celluloid. I am
horrified, too, in terms of the resulting inability to replicate older
works made to be shown on film. But this is a question for present
practitioners. Imagine a good high-def or very high-def image shown on
a projector (DLP?) or monitor of your choice. What is there about your
particular practice that depends only on celluloid and could not be
accomplished with video? How major would the loss be for you, and what
kind of loss is it, and why would it be so major?

Fred Camper
Chicago