[Frameworks] Quo Vadis Celluloid?

Anna Biller pbutterfly at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 22 19:57:37 CDT 2011

I really don't see a "wholesale dismissal" of video in any way. Video has been steadily on the ascendant and film on the decline for many years now. If you're asking me personally if I would stop making movies if film were no longer available, I can't really say. But I do know for certain that the ideas I pursued with video would be entirely different, because I would want to work with the medium instead of against it. There is a real possibility that I would stop making movies, perhaps in favor of some other art form. But I don't think that if someone likes working in a particular medium that means they are disparaging another medium. I certainly don't think I'm doing that. But I am going to continue to insist that the differences are great and important, not just to me, but objectively.