[Frameworks] loading super 8 in a single 8 cartridge....

Nicholas Kovats nkovats at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 10:58:18 CDT 2011

Karl,

It is dependent on the emulsion thickness whether you are utilizing reversal
or negative Super 8 film.

Fuji reversal emulsions are thinner polyester based and are comparable to
Kodak's Vision 2/3 negative films. At one point Kodak was marketing
polyester based emulsions as "Ester".

Kodak reversal emulsions utilize acetate as a backing which is thicker which
may result in jamming if the gate cannot accomendate.

Therefore the theoritical capacity limit for winding reversal stock onto
Fuji Single 8 cartridges is approximately 35-40 ft.

Is your Fujica camera gate removable and/or adjustable? I would sacrifice
one roll of Kodak Super 8 reversal that has been rolled into a Fujica 8
cartridge to test jamming, scratching, etc.

Fujica cameras are beautifully executed machines with simple film paths.

Good luck!
Sent from my iPhone