[Frameworks] Analog and digital

Francisco Torres fjtorrespr at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 15:28:27 CDT 2011

. All imagers are ANALOG. In the process of converting the light
striking the imager (film or electronic sensor) to an electronic version
(um analog) for storage and later display it is "sampled" and converted
to numerical values. The more samples per second, the smoother the
resulting waveforms will be when the digital information is reconverted
to analog for display. The more pixels as well, equates to smoother
transitions.

Kind of confusing.
"In the process of converting the light
striking the imager (film or electronic sensor) to an electronic version
(um analog) for storage and later display it is "sampled" and converted
to numerical values. "

Film emulsion was never electronic.