[Frameworks] Moving to San Francisco

Douglas Katelus eastshorefilms at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 29 18:22:38 CDT 2011

Arron,

ATA was founded in the 80's? wonder how that makes it stuck in the 60's? And Craig Baldwin's programming at Other Cinema has always been
focused on new and exciting work. He is as far from the structured establishment as you can get. And the Burning Man people are all out of
town so enjoy yourself for once... don't think I've really seen them at experimental film shows... at least not with feathered hats. I too
dislike the old guard but you obviously didn't read Steve Polta's email fully. I don't comment on this list much primarily because it seems
to be full of people blowing hot air(via type) in order to make themselves feel more important. I can not comment on Black Hole because
I have yet to attend the space but there is more going on in regards to underground film here then anyplace in this beautiful country that I have been to.

Now I too have my issues with people being stuck in the 60's and the egotistical nature of burning man but that's got nothing to do with this.
I would recommend Mr. Elsaesser check out ATA, and keep and open ear for shows at New Nothing Cinema when he gets to San Francisco and
try to have a good time. Tons of artists are making new movies out here all the time, underground film may of gone a bit more under but it's
running strong out west.

dk