[Frameworks] Digitizing Super 8 at proper resolution

Aaron F. Ross aaron at digitalartsguild.com
Wed Dec 28 13:58:12 CST 2011

Jeff is absolutely right, there's no reason to capture footage at
anything other than the maximum affordable resolution and color depth. ---

Consider this: everything looks better in the future. Literally. With
vastly better technology available today, old footage looks better
than on the day it was developed. All analog-to-digital transfers
should be made at the best possible quality, in order to future-proof
the material as much as possible. ---

And, of course, the larger the image is projected, the more obvious
any sampling errors will be. ---

Aaron