[Frameworks] Kodachrome processing as b&w

Jason Halprin jihalprin at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 6 11:27:24 CST 2011

Scott,

To get the rem-jet backing off the film, soak it in a pre-bath and squeegee it
off. Robert Schaller has an excellent description and the formula for the
pre-bath here:
http://www.handmadefilm.org/resources/technicalResources/processes/developing/ecp-ecnTable.html

If you order the chemistry for R-9 bleach (in the US), you will likely have to
fill out a DEA form stating your planned use for the Sulfuric acid. My guess is
this does put you on some sort of watch list, but it's minor. If you order from
a place like Photographer's Formulary, they have this form available (and also
note that the Sulfuric acid they sell is 48%). I've done this a number of times,
and don't seem to get the extra security checks when I fly.

-Jason Halprin