[Frameworks] Snapz Pro

Gene Youngblood atopia at comcast.net
Mon Feb 7 11:09:25 CST 2011

Frameworkers,
A technical question. My assistant is doing screen captures for the first time, using Snapz Pro. We're pleased with it, but it seems there's no one-size-fits-all solution among the numerous compression algorithms one can choose from.

We're getting the best video captures from the two compressors below, but there is aliasing when text is panned or when there's rapid motion.

The compressors we're using are Apple Animation and H.264. Both have the following settings:

654 x472, millions IMA 4:1, mono, audio setting 22.050Khz
frame rate: 30
data rate: 23.35MB

Any advice on how to improve the performance will be much appreciated.

Gene Youngblood
28 Sunrise Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87507 USA
vox/fax: +1.505.424.8708