[Frameworks] Nikon R10 super8 repairs

Cherry Kino cherrykinocinema at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 14 08:16:40 CST 2011

Hello!

Can anyone help me with where to get my Nikon R10 super8 camera repaired? I just spoke with Kurt Schacherl and he said that there are no longer parts for it in many places. Has anybody had one repaired very recently, or do you know where I could try? I'm based in Leeds, so somewhere in the UK would be good, but I'd consider sending it abroad too - I'm really missing using it!

It was working ok (though intermittently) since the day I bought it, about 4 months ago, but gradually packed in - the reverse and forward functions were a bit dodgy, but I put this down to maybe the tightly wound Kodak super8 cartridges, the single frame function didn't work, and now the trigger doesn't elicit any movement in the camera at all.  The focus has always been dodgy too. I'm really hoping it can be fixed, and remain optimistic! I also have a repair manual for it, but I'm not good with fixing cameras and would rather trust it to someone who knows what they're doing.

Thanks!

x Martha (from Cherry Kino, in Leeds/Bradford, UK).