[Frameworks] Fomapan home-processing and super16mm projector's gate

Esperanza Collado esperanzacollado1 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 05:33:12 CST 2011

Dear all,

I wonder if you could help me understand the following: I am home-processing
R100 b&w reversal 16mm film and, even though both the film and chemicals I
am using (Foma) are reversal type, the images I got look like a negative
print. Beautiful, but not the right result I was expecting. I might be doing
something wrong and I suspect it might have to do with the exposure part of
the process. I wonder if any of you have had similar results sometime. What
sort of lamp should I use to this avail?

I would like to be able to process without a normal tank (I have the regular
lomo tank), has any of you experimented using other ways, as for instance,
an aquarium or something of the sort where one can throw in several
filmstrips? It would have to be painted back I guess...

Also, I am filming with a super 16mm bolex, but when I project the image
looks like regular 16. Do I need to make any gate transformation on the
projector?

Looking forward to hearing from you, many thanks.

Esperanza.