[Frameworks] Threat to 16mm printing in the UK.

Freya freya128 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 26 08:41:20 CST 2011

Nicky is right, it's not that people aren't using the labs quite the reverse.

Film lab North had loads of work when it was shut down, but the decision was more to do with the larger company and the shutting down of the Yorkshire TV campus generally. It was to do with poor decisions, now partly reversed, in a larger company.

Some of what is happening now may be a knock on effect from this. Many people may have just given up on film and gone fully digital but some will surely have switched their processing down to London, where the remaining few labs are, thus exacerbating the problem of high demand.

European labs are great in theory but there can often be difficulties with barriers in terms of currency and banking before you even get into barriers of language and the possibility of stuff getting x-rayed. Hopefully in time, ways will be found around this stuff. I suspect eastern european labs might be the ones to track down and see if you can work something out with but I have no leads on this.

love

Freya