[Frameworks] researching

Marcy Saude threecolorsallblack at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 19 18:35:10 CST 2011

Touch: Sensuous Theory And Multisensory Media- Laura U. Marks
Addresses media from Ken Jacobs, Sadie Benning, Fred Wiseman, Miranda July, Phil
Solomon, indigenous media makers and net artists and, well, lots of stuff. I
don't buy all of her arguments, but it's a refreshing approach and definitely
one your student should check out.

The Tactile Eye: Touch and the Cinematic Experience- Jennifer M. Barker
This one is a compliment, I think, to the Linda Williams Gender/Genre/ Excess
article someone else recommended, which is really great.

-Marcy