[Frameworks] The First Episode of 1,001 Online Dates is Up

Mark L. Feinsod feinsodville at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 18:33:10 CST 2011

Hi again everyone,

How are you?  I hope you’re well.  I’m writing to you because episode 01 of
1,001 Online Dates (http://www.1001onlinedates.com/series.html) was just
posted yesterday.  It’s hilarious and edgy and has a very uniquely dark
comedic tone that I hope you’ll appreciate.

The series follows the misadventures of three friends named Thad (moi!),
Roger (Evan Leed) and Wilhelmina (Stephanie Rockwell) as they use dating
sites and go out with the oddballs they meet online.  Episode 01 introduces
viewers to the characters and follows the recently dumped Thad as he goes
out to dinner with a woman he met online named Sandra (Sidse Ploug
Soerensen), whose strange choice of career turns out to be as intriguing as
it is horrifying.  As the date progresses, it becomes obvious that one
person’s horror story is someone else’s vision of romance come to life.

The show has garnered lots of buzz since the trailer became available for
viewing in early December.  Shortly after it was released, it was the
subject of a post on Gawker.tv, resulting in thousands of views.  Comprised
of scenes from episode 01 and episode 02, it accurately captures the
original comedic voice and vision of the series.

“In a city of 8 million unique characters, it's not easy [to] find your
picket-fence soulmate,” wrote Gawker.tv’s Ruhi Shamim.  “1,001 Online Dates
shows the reality of the NY dating scene where that cute blond you met on
Match.com turns out to be psycho.”

It’s an area ripe for comedy and the writing/producing/directing team behind
the show, Mark L. Feinsod and Evan Leed, have leaped into the void by
creating 1,001 Online Dates.  The independently-produced show is slated to
run for three seasons of seven episodes each, and the team is currently in
the midst of working on season one.

The first season will be rolled out at the rate of approximately one episode
per month.  The second installment, in which Roger tries to romance an
animal-rights activist while doing his best to conceal the fact that he’s
unemployed and lives with his mother, will be released in mid-February.  The
third chapter, which will be out in March, follows Wilhelmina as she learns
that what’s on the outside matters just as much as what’s on the inside.

Often shocking and always funny, 1,001 Online Dates is a fresh new comedy
show about life and love in modern-day New York.  For more information,
visit www.1001onlinedates.com.

About the team:

Mark L. Feinsod is a writer/producer/director whose first short film A Sense
of Entitlement was compared to Orson Welles’ the Magnificent Ambersons in
the New York Times, and whose work has been shown around the world.  He is
also one-half of the team behind the popular comedic podcast How to Do
Nothing without Really Trying.

Evan Leed is an editor and actor who has worked on and appeared in numerous
commercials and videos including online material by Zachary Quinto’s
production company Before the Door and lonelygirl48, which recently won Best
Video at the Boston Comedy Film Festival.  He is also a member of the improv
team Blue Suede, which performs at the PIT.

I hope you enjoy the episode.  Many thanks!  Let me know if you have any
questions.

Cheers,
Mark