[Frameworks] JK Repairs and/or rebuilding - Chicago or upper midwest

John Woods jawoods01 at yahoo.ca
Mon Jan 31 22:21:46 CST 2011

Hm that's quite some news, I'm involved with restoring an old printer, hopefully
he'll at least be a source of some parts for the short term. Did he say if he
was completely closing shop and when? This news does explain why my recent phone
call and e-mail went un-returned...

Now I'm not some sort of JK expert but in past disccussions, Jaako said the
older models are all mechanical designs and you should be able to find a local
machinist that should be able to help. The machines are functionally very
simple, just a signal bouncing between a camera motor and the projector. A
broken sequencer could be replaced with a cheap computer and a gadget like an
Arduino. The various gates/transports would be the most difficult thing to
replace I think.

John