[Frameworks] Images Festival 2012 call for entries now online!

pablo de ocampo pablo at imagesfestival.com
Thu Jul 7 11:06:23 CDT 2011

Hello Frameworks,

The call for entries to Toronto's Images Festival is now online!

The Images Festival is the largest festival in North America for experimental and independent media, showcasing the innovative edge of international contemporary media art both on and off the screen. The 25th edition of the festival will run from 12 to 21 April 2012. We currently have two submission calls up: one for OFF SCREEN (installation, performance or online/new media projects) and the regular ON SCREEN.

There is no fee to submit to the OFF SCREEN section of the festival. That deadline is coming up quickly, on 1 August. Entry fees are as low as $10 for the ON SCREEN section and there are no fees for students!  The regular deadline for the ON SCREEN section is 17 October. We pay screening fees for all works presented and there are a number of prizes awarded each year to Canadian, international and student works.

Images presents a wide cross section of films and videos, which can generally be classified as alternative or experimental. We are looking for projects that are unconventional or challenging in terms of form and/or content, and we recognize that may come in a variety of forms–from structuralist experiments to documentaries, abstract animations to narratives. In the constantly changing environment of film and video technology, we are open to presenting work on all moving image media formats: from regular 8 to 35mm to HD video.

You can find the complete guidelines and entry forms here:
http://www.imagesfestival.com/festival.php?misc_id=28

Pablo de Ocampo
Artistic Director
THE IMAGES FESTIVAL